top of page


Email us at

for a quick quote for your home, auto,

motorcycle, renters, or BOP insurance.

Call us at 415-922-7283 and we can help you!

United General Insurance

35 Mitchell Blvd Ste 3

San Rafael, CA 94903


An SR-22 form is an insurance proof certificate that shows the DMV and the state of California that a

driver has at least the minimum liability of $15,000 per person/$30,000

per accident for bodily injury and $5000 for property damage. It is used for high-risk drivers usually

because of a DUI (driving under the influence) conviction in order to reinstate a revoked or suspended driver's license.

We can issue an SR-22 filing regardless if you own a car. It is called a NonOwners Liability Policy or

Named Operator Policy otherwise we issue the SR-22 filing under your auto insurance liability

policy when purchased with us.

Our agency represents many insurance companies that specialize in issuing the SR22 filing electronically

to the DMV when the liability insurance policy has been purchased. We can provide original SR-22 filings

if our clients want to get their license back the same day. When you buy liability insurance and

we issue the SR-22 upon purchase it may take the DMV 7-10 days for processing. Therefore if you do

not take the original SR-22 filing to the DMV we recommend that you call 1-800-777-0133 to make sure the

DMV has processed the filng. The filing should show on your driving record before going to your

local DMV to get your license reinstated.

In the State of California there are three different types of SR-22 forms:

1. (S) A motor vehicle liability policy as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 16450.


2. (U) Owner's policy covering all motor vehicles registered to the insured. (Section 16451)

3. (T) Operator's policy covering the use by the insured of any motor vehicle not registered to the insured.

(Section 16452)

Our agency will also issue an SR-1P filing which is used after an accident without insurance, for negligent operators,

or for an application by a minor requiring proof.

We highly recommend you keep a copy of the filing for your personal records and know your

filing term on your driving record.

During the filing period if you lapse or get your policy cancelled, your insurance company will notify the DMV.

You need to get new insurance right away to avoid any suspension of your driver's license.

The filing term for a DUI is 3 years and 4 years for an uninsured accident.

For More Information CALL 1-800-777-0133 or CLICK to DMV website.

bottom of page